Friday, 31 October 2008

The Fall

Yesterday I watched "The Fall", a film that I wanted to see for quite some time now. The film was finished in 2006, but it was only shown in a couple of festivals and then it struggled with distribution. Finally, it arrived at UK cinemas at the 3rd of October this year... only to be removed a week after! I was so angry. In the end, I downloaded it a couple of days ago and finally watched it!

A few info on that one, it is directed by Tarsem Singh, whose only other film was 2000's "The Cell" (Yikes!). Yeah, I didn't like that one, but I can say it had some visually interesting themes. However, what attracted me to "The Fall" was the fact that in its international distribution it is presented by David Fincher and Spike Jonze, and, of course, the trailer.

So how was it? Have you ever taken a look in these big books that have, aerial or not, photos from around the world in amazing natural locations? The ones that you're wondering "Wow! Does this place really exist?" and have those amazing colours and shapes and everything? Imagine that you could shoot a movie in 20 of these locations. 'Cause that is what it is.

I can't say that it had THE amazing script, after all it is supposed to be a child's story, it is fairly simple and you don't need anything more. The film takes you on such a magical journey that kind of makes you feel that you're the child listening to the story.

The performances? They weren't bad, they weren't great though, with the exception of the little girl, which was great!

It's not the best film I've seen, that's for sure, but I doubt that I'll see another one with so many, so beautiful and so unique locations shot this way.

Thanx for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watchmen